Thursday, April 25, 2013

Mister Donut - Best Donuts in Japan

Anniversary Pon de Ring


I am not a donut snob...as long as it's not too old, I'll eat it and probably enjoy it.  I've had Krispy Kreme, Dunkin Donuts, donuts from bakeries...but my favorite donuts in Japan are from Mister Donut!  They may not have the "best tasting" donuts, since everyone's tastes are different, but my heart firmly belongs to Mister Donut in Japan.

Picking Donuts at Mister Donut

I grew to love Mister Donut while I was living in Japan.  I would visit Sendai on the weekends and stop by Mister Donut in the station to grab a few donuts or sometimes a dozen.  It always felt like their donuts were on sale for a 100 yen a piece!  My favorites were the Angel French (a cruller dipped in chocolate with whipped cream in the middle) and the chocolate Pon de Crunch ring.  Then I joined the Misdo Club and accumulated points so that I could get their special logo merchandise.  I managed to get a squishy pillow and an Elmo date book.

After moving back home, I really missed Mister Donut, since there aren’t any in Hawaii.  On subsequent visits to Tokyo, I would always keep my eyes open for a Mister Donut, but could never seem to find one in the places I visited.

Fresh Donuts!

Then a year ago, we made our first trip to Fukuoka and I rediscovered my love for Mister Donut.  They have a Mister Donut in Hakata Station!  And everywhere we visited in Kyushu, I found another Mister Donut store!  They seemed to be everywhere and I couldn’t be happier!

Now, if you ask my husband, he’ll say that I mostly love Mister Donut because they have Snoopy goods and promotions (I am a huge Peanuts fan!).  And he’s absolutely right about that!  I ended up buying a ton of donuts so that I could get 2 limited edition Snoopy appointment books (they are adorable).  But I say that I loved Mister Donut before they partnered with Peanuts…the partnership just solidified my love even further.

Hello Kitty X MisDo


Currently, Mister Donut is doing a promotion with Hello Kitty and we got to try some of the cute new donuts they are offering.  I tried a Hello Kitty strawberry cupcake, a Pon de Lion chocolate donut and a Pon de Chocolate Crunch ring.  And because we spent more than 700 yen, I received a cute Hello Kitty bow phone plug!  Delicious donuts and a free gift…gotta love Mister Donut!

No comments:

Post a Comment